Thursday, December 10, 2009

Half the woman I used to be....

And so I mourn, the loss of my dear ovary!! LOL, so seriously, I have been out of action for a week after I had an atenoma and ovary removed... ouch! All tests have come back clear and I have received so much loving from all my dear friends, thank you guys for bringing around dinner, muffins and hot chocolate, picking up my kids and hanging out for a chat.

I do not know what I was thinking, I had booked the procedure for last Wednesday afternoon, then the rest of my week, Thursday... dinner with Fiona Harding and the girls... Saturday.... Andreas 40th celebrations.... Sunday... dinner at my house with Dave and Lynn.

Well, I was flat on my back, thought I was going to die. I have a new found respect for all those women who have cesareans, glad I never needed one! The first couple of days I was so sore I could not muster enough strength to call out orders, but as Adam pointed out, after a few days, my mouth received all the more energy while my body rested.

The boys could not wait to get outside and mow the grass and wash the car on Saturday, so they could get away from me!! I admit I am miserable when unable to do anything!!

We had an exciting event take place on Saturday, Adam put the training wheels on Wilsons bike... Wilson rode around the front driveway all day, just loving it, he came inside and said "This is hard core Mum!!" I can not wait to teach him how to ride without the trainers over the summer break.

3 comments:

  1. oh my GOODNESS!! You lost an OVARY??? Now THAT is hardcore!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ouch - you poor thing. Glad you are starting to feel a bit better now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Fiona...so after seeing you at kmart during the week, I was trying to think where do i know that face from!! and obviously on Saturday i had it all sussed hehe kind of weird to recognise someone without even knowing them :) so hi anyway!! Cheers Angela

    ReplyDelete