Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Christmas Pudding attempt....

One of our Christmas traditions is to start making a gingerbread house... The house gets finished some years and other years not (due to a variety of reasons, usually little people getting hungry and eating a wall or something). This year we have not even started a house and the children do not seem to have noticed.

What was requested, was a plum pudding. Adam usually receives a pudding made by his mother... but with no family around, he has missed out... Adam is aware that cooking is not one of my talents and suggested I not bother trying to cook my own. It was politely suggested I purchase a pudding from the CWA... In a bid to prove my domestic worth, tomorrow I will be cooking a rag Christmas pudding.

I have received the recipe from Maryanne, a prized family tradition. Last night I cut the fruit and have left it soaking... today I purchased the calico (really the only productive thing I did today)... tomorrow is the big day!!

I am a little late starting, I know of others who made their puddings in November... It is the thought that counts... I am looking forward to seeing how it turns out!!

1 comment: