Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Here lies 'Boddy'


This week we had a death in our family. Our Budgie 'Bobby' was found stiff on the floor of the cage, his head next to the empty feed box.

There was blame about the empty food container and tears. Angus = blame, Nina = tears.

Bobby has left his girlfriend Bulker and we thought at first Bulker may need a new friend, however, Bulker now seems quite content with a new mirror.

Adam has been away working for a month, therefore Nina felt it was her duty to bury the bird and build the cross for his grave, my idea of plastic bag and wheelie bin where dismissed and I was accused of being uncaring.

Nina wrote the birds name on the little timber cross that Wilson hammered together. Nina was most upset about the death and with the emotions running high, heavy and teary she got her b's and her d's mixed up…

‘Boddy’

I pointed out that she had written 'Boddy' and Nina was horrified that I could actually laugh at a time like this.

Rest in Peace Bobby.

Or maybe... Wilson just seemed curious about the whole situation and this was proved when a few days later he and his playmate decided to try and dig up Bobby. He said to me "I was digging around and Bobby is still there". I explained to him that Bobby's spirit had gone to heaven and it was a nice place for the bird to be. Wilson told me he personally did not want to go to Heaven... "hmmm why?" I asked, "Because I have seen it, It is just all clouds and stuff
That is five year old logic.

12 comments:

  1. Fiona I love this. You are so clever at writing and so articulate!! Great way to start a blog. Have you been to see Julie and Julia? Is this what inspired you? I have thought about it, because it is a good way of journal keeping, but alas haven't quite got there yet. Good for you, keep it up, I am adding you to my favourites

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lara,
    No have not seen the movie... heaps of women down here blog. I am sitting here in my PJ's should be working and thought... I might try this... lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh the movie is centered around this women blogging about Julia Childs cooking recipes.Loved the movie recommend it. My really good friend blogs in America and I have so gotten to understand and get to know her husband and kids thru it. I glad you a clever enough to figure out who palabj is... Came back on your blog to tell you it was me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Fi!

    I'm glad someone's blogging because it hasn't been me lately! Very cute story - loved "Boddy" and I'm convinced we must have grave diggers in our roots - must be from our hubby's side! At least he didn't cuddle it!

    Love,
    Krista

    ReplyDelete
  5. lol... hilarious.. a great read :) PLEASE keep it up :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. ha ha - LOVE it! I'm soooo excited you have a blog finally. Now I can keep up with you guys too instead of just the other way around.

    ReplyDelete
  7. you are setting an awesome tone for your new blog!! cant wait to read more :) Poor boddy... may he rest in peace - probably a lot quieter than where he was living

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey - that's very cute but I have bad news about the mirror - we had a budgie once with a mirror - and it went stark raving mad - Deb Greenan said mirrors can do that to them - but then you know our record with pets so it may have more about us.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry to hear about the bird - and the WHEELIE BIN?? That IS uncaring - what were you thinking? Very cute that Wilson said he didnt want to go to Heaven - did you ask him where he DID want to go??
    Looking forward to some more, no doubt awesome, reads!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. so cool...love it! Doing better than mine...can't work it out yet

    ReplyDelete
  11. sooooo....finally she succumbs to the world of blogging. It's like Hotel California you know, you can check out anytime you like but you can NEVER leave.

    P.S Poor Bobby AKA Boddy - I'm glad he had a proper burial.

    P.P S I'm kinda glad we didn't give you one of our puppies :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Welcome to blogger world.I'm looking forward to keeping up with your happenings.

    ReplyDelete