Friday, May 28, 2010

New Pyjamas and Random thoughts...





Winter is here and with the cold weather and Pyjama day at school... Nina, Wilson and I figured that was a good excuse for new Pj's.... We snuggled up last night for some pics...

It was so fun walking the kids to school this morning in their pyjamas, slippers and dressing gowns... better still was seeing all the teachers dressed in their night gear also.

When my big boys were little, I would dress them ready for bed, in the clothes they were going to wear the next day. I think they got their first pair of proper pyjamas when Nina was born. I figured my system was working well and by the time Nina was born, they could dress themselves... Nina and Wilson are 'spoilt' as Ethan and Angus suggest... I guess it does not take much when you consider new pyjamas a treat!

Makes me think about how differently I do things with my little kids... It has taken me four children, but I think I have reached my peak (exciting for me, but not necessarily a point of reference for anyone else)... I tell my big kids to enjoy the way I parent because it is not going to get any better from here on...

Ethan works at Dominos pizza in town, often his shifts are only two or three hours long and often I am late to pick him up... he said to me the other night when I was twenty minutes late...'I just don't get it, how can you just forget you have four kids? How can you not realise I am missing?!'...

I don't really forget.... and I always remember how cool my kids are to me.... sorry Ethan.
x


Totally different topic... but I just want to show you what I look at everyday... This view is good for the soul! Queenslander at heart... but come on, you have to love this place!

8 comments:

  1. my boys had 'crazy day' at school today too - some kids turned up in their PJ's. So fun having those days at school.
    I love your words to your kids - I'm going to borrow them when my boys are older :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jammies are the best thing ever! You totally deprived your kids! Mimi still loves the kind with the feet in them for winter. They usually have a pj day at school during Dr. Suess week at school (around his birthday - March 3). They can bring a pillow & blanket and read. The teachers hate it though. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it.... both entries ...the PJ's and the view...
    (mind you whilst i appreciate and admire that view... i think it has to be appreciated from inside and through a window in a heated to 25 degrees room...he he...says me who has just returned from 8 days in Q..)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your view is beautiful. You'll have to come and check ours out one day. It's a little different from yours, I don't think our view is quite as wide but it's still pretty good. I love the sky the best and the full moon on the water and how it's always changing!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the view from your place too. I was actually heading over last night to get one of those shots of the moon over the water but it didn't quite happen.
    Nice new PJ's.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, Fi! I left you a little something on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Fiona, Parry's from Brisbane here. Love your blog! Our girls want PJ day every day now. You can check us out on http://flowersnplaid.blogspot.com
    What a great trip. I'm still trying to get to the shops on my own let alone on a plane!! I live in hope though...
    Miss you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ethan cracks me up! You should see the view from my back door....first you look through finger and face prints on the glass slider, then you see a BBQ covered in dust and dog hair which overlooks the 3 meters of green grass dappled with brown stinky mounds and onto the wooden fence which is now a faded grey/brown colour!! Do you wanna swap?? ROFLOL

    ReplyDelete