Saturday, November 26, 2011

Stories

I am on my placement at the moment, enjoying putting into practice my uni learning. I love listening to the stories that patients share. I especially like talking to people who are in the later half of their life, their reflections are something I find fascinating.

I have a few standard questions, I just wanted to share some of my favourite answers...

Do you have any regrets?

A man shared that after divorcing his wife of fifty years, regretted was that he did not cherish her and put his career pursuits before his relationship.
A man who has had his ability to travel taken from him by ill health, regretted that he did not have more adventures.
A woman who had lived with an abusive husband regretted not leaving him.

What is the secret to a long marriage?

Luck.
Putting up with each other.
Doing the right thing.
Falling in love again and again.

my favourite so far,

'This too will pass'


Cool job huh.

1 comment:

  1. Ask me 'do you have any regrets?'

    My answer should be :

    I regret that I've to leave all my good friends in Hobart. I can't find such a good friends like all of you here anymore. =(

    ReplyDelete