Monday, August 29, 2011

Another one of those days...

I have mentioned previously how impressive the view is from my home. I have not however, shared that I often enjoy this view while sitting out the front of the house in my parked car.

Talking to my mother the other night about the strains of a large family, I asked her how she coped.... She told me that she really didn't think she coped, she survived. That was interesting because as the oldest child, that seemed to be my interpretation of her performance too (I say that with love Mum).

I am having one of those survival days, going to bed late last night didn't help.

Today my well intentioned plans of productivity just went out the door. In my mind I have been going over the events that transpired, there is no moment I could pinpoint and say, that's when it all started going to crap...it just unraveled that way.

I won't go into the details of my days demise, yet I will share that I have now been sitting in my car for an hour...the view is amazing and I almost feel ready to go inside to see this evening out...wish me warmth and luck...tomorrow is a new day!

2 comments:

  1. How did the evening go? Did things improve after you regrouped? I too look back on my days when I was caring for 6 children and a husband and I can truthfully say that I often 'just survived'. There were good times too but ... yah ... Even now down to one child and myself at home I am in survival mode at times!

    ReplyDelete