Sunday, November 22, 2009

Making a deal

A few months ago Angus lost a large sum of money, he had been saving up for over a year and had kept the stash in this bedroom. We had no idea where the money had gone, Angus takes after his mother and has a knack of losing things, so we assumed he had misplaced his savings and that the money would soon reappear.

This, however, was not the case. A few days passed and the money was no where to be found... until Angus had an epiphany (Angus favourite word), and asked Wilson if he knew where the money was. This jogged my memory in the right direction and I remembered seeing Wilson with a cardboard treasure chest a few days prior. After much questioning from Angus, Wilson would not confess to taking the money, until I turned the questions into pirate talk... 'Where is the treasure?' This apparently sparked his memory and Wilson walked us straight into his room and pulled out from under his bed the little cardboard treasure chest full of not only the money Angus had lost but a few other family treasures that others had not yet noticed were missing.



Wilson is still a little money collector. If he finds a buck or two, he stashes it in his wallet or under his bed.

This afternoon, I got a pretty good deal.

Nina has been saving money for Schleich farm animals, so she is keen to do jobs to earn some money and cleaned up my office this afternoon for a couple of bucks (well worth it to me). Wilson decided he wanted to earn some money also. He bargained to clean up the toys for some paper money, apparently he is beyond gold coins.

He was unable to comprehend that $5 was too much to pay for toys to be packed up. I am only happy to give a buck or two for jobs that are out of the ordinary, most stuff just has to be done because we are part of a family.

Well, it was the end of the day and I will admit I took the easy way out, I asked Wilson to give me some of his gold coins and I would give him paper money. Done!!

Wilson promptly handed over 2 x $2 coins and a $1 coin. He raced over cleaned up his toys with lighting speed and came back with his hand out for the paper $5 bill. That is the best deal I have done for a while and the beauty of it, was that it was a win win situation!!

6 comments:

  1. Thanks Ev, Vicky.... is your hair still that colour??
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your catching on lady...the "Ill pay you to do it" game is the best game ever ..no matter what age they are...and stick to the "NO LABOR ..NO LOOT" and you will win out evrytime....I had a little chuckle at Wilson's treasue chest though....he he

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh Fiona - you are hilarious!!! I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for always sharing, I love this virtual catch up with your family :)

    ReplyDelete