Monday, November 2, 2009

Reason


The Top End

Ethan has recently had a change in Math teacher, for the better, in his opinion.

Today when I picked him up I asked how Maths went, did he like the new teacher and was she better than the last one. That is a lot to ask all at once, especially to someone who does not see any value in communicating beyond what he deems necessary. Looking straight ahead he said 'Yeah she doesn't smell'.
I was after more information, 'Okay, but what about the way she teaches, do you find her easier to understand, what does she do differently?' He looked over at me 'Really Mum, your talking to a teenage boy, I don't know what you want to hear, she is just different'.

That was that, end of conversation. That is the way it usually goes with Ethan, unless your talking about hunting, fishing and all those important things in life.

The Bottom End

Tonight after dinner, Wilson was asked to jump in the bath before he got dressed. This was not what he had in mind and as he handed me his batman costume to put on him he said, 'Mum, you have been the boss of me for a long time, when is it my turn to be the boss of you?'

I hope I have a few more years of being boss.

5 comments:

  1. hahahaha - so funny!!! Don't you love boys. I LOVE your blog and the way you write - very entertaining :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alec says he just thinks it's weird to only be thinking about hunting and fishing!

    Love the photo.

    Wilson is to die for. (And well done on blufing him into thinking you're the boss.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so funny Lara, yes I remember that, we will be those old ladies one day... having our legs rammed by impatient young mothers:)
    Thanks for the comments.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kim,
    Pic was taken last year, Ethan has grown so much, he is taller than me now. After we came home from the Philippines Ethan asked if we can just have normal holidays now, like camping, for the next few years... go figure!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing how aware he is that as a teenage boy he is pretty much brain dead for the next couple of years!

    ReplyDelete